Whether your business is a small independent start-up or a large multinational, the British Safety Council can help you manage your health, safety and environmental needs through our tailored membership packages. Members gain immediate access to the latest guidance, practical advice, resources and 24/7 support helping your organisation save time and money while looking after your people. Our members also have an exclusive discount off our new Assurance Assessment Service and Croner-i Safety-inform (full version).
Already a member?
Why choose the British Safety Council?
Demonstrate your HSE commitment and build your reputation
Stay informed with updates and the latest industry HSE news
Practical tools and resources to keep you up to date on best practice and compliant.
Train your staff with 11 free e-learning courses and build your own campaigns
Enter the prestigious international Safety Award and gain global recognition (Member discounts available)
International Member benefits
Members gain access to our comprehensive suite of health, safety, environment and wellbeing resources.
100 free online training places
Give your employees access to our leading General Health, Safety and Environmental Awareness course as part of your membership or split your selection into 20 licences for five of our most popular courses!
Claim 100 free places each year.
Members can now choose to mix and match their free course options from:
- General HSE Awareness
- Manual Handling
- Fire Safety
- Working at Height
- Display Screen Equipment
- Avoiding Slips and Trips
- Driver Safety Awareness
- Data Protection
- Mental Health: Start the Conversation
- Mental Health: Stress Awareness.
Already a member looking to claim your free courses? Login and claim your licences here.
Safety Management magazine
Safety Management magazine is for everyone with health and safety responsibilities who needs to stay informed about the latest news, legislation and best practice in the field. It is a combination of relevant and thought-provoking news, features, profiles and opinions for readers in all industries and business sectors.
Enjoy a monthly email newsletter and daily news updates online.
Download the British Safety Council member logo for use on your website, business cards, tender documents, marketing materials, company merchandise, and wherever else you may like to use it
You will find the member logo in your online account, along with guidelines on how it can be used. If you need any guidance on using your member logo please email [email protected]
As a member you can enjoy discounts on several of our products and services, including:
- Tickets to legislative updates and workshops
- Discounted tickets to our Annual Conference and invitation to free members only pre-conference session
- Discounted International Safety Awards application
- Selected training programmes
- The full Safety-inform service from Croner-i is available to British Safety Council international members at an exclusive 50% discount. The services provide instant access to all the information and resources needed to stay compliant, with clear, practical advice and template documents and forms to maintain a safe workplace.
Croner-i Safety-inform Lite
Croner-i Safety-inform Lite is now included automatically with British Safety Council international membership. It is ideal for those looking to keep up to date with the latest news, issues and developments in health and safety.
- What’s New – daily relevant news items
- Features – recent developments and best practice articles authored by practitioners
- Q&As – frequently asked questions and model answers on a range of topics
- Topic quick facts and summaries – clear, concise summary information, giving an overview of a subject
- Toolkits – practical step-by-step guides with links to useful resources on the product.
All British Safety Council international members receive the Croner-i eAlerts service at no extra cost. This provides weekly updates on all the new health and safety content added to your product that week, delivered straight to your inbox.
For times when you need a little more advice, our telephone helplines through Croner-i provide that extra guidance and support, help you manage risks, understand legislation and compliance requirements as well as save you time. International members obtain the following services:
- Croner-i 24/7 health & safety legal information hotline - unlimited access to highly qualified and experienced health and safety professionals
- Croner-i HR support line - unlimited access to experts (CIPD Level 7 and solicitors) who can advise on areas such as changing employment legislation and HR best practice
- Annual legislation and best practice update - with attendance certificate
- Access to our webinar programme.
Tools and templates module
In addition to the benefits of Core membership, this module gives you access to a range of downloadable templates, for example risk assessments, for use in your business.
You will also receive a monthly poster and guide on different health and safety topics. You can download posters from your member account and customise them with your logo if you wish.
The British Safety Council has had a global presence for over 30 years. In 2017 we opened our first office in Mumbai. We have a regular presence in Nigeria, Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and UAE hosting annual events and regularly contributing to events in these regions.
Our prestigious International Safety Awards also attract applicants from around the world. With year on year increased international presence, we have introduced a best in country award. To learn more about purchasing a discounted application alongside your membership please contact our membership team here.