Here is a list of common questions that people ask us. If you can’t find what you’re looking for please email [email protected] or call us on +44 (0)20 8741 1231.
Q: Who can become a member of the British Safety Council?
A: We offer corporate membership to organisations of any size, from any industry sector and in any location around the world. An organisation can register each site separately or as a group membership.
Q: How does my organisation become a member of the British Safety Council?
A: You can become a member online here. Alternatively, you can call our membership team on +44 (0)20 8741 1231.
Q: How much does membership cost?
A: The price of your membership depends on the package you purchase.
- UK core membership is £338 + VAT per site, per year
- Customise your membership by purchasing additional modules
- UK full membership is £448 + VAT per site, per year
- International membership is £572 + VAT per site, per year.
Discounts are available for multi-year and multi-site memberships and for debit card payments.
We also offer bespoke packages to multi-site and multi-national organisations.
Q: What is a site?
A: A site is classed as a distinct business unit, with its own postcode/zip code. For example, if you had an office in London and another in Leeds, you could purchase a membership for each site.
You can buy membership for up to five sites online. If you’d like to buy membership for more than five sites, you will be eligible for a group membership discount.
Please contact our membership team on +44 (0)20 8741 1231.
Q: What is included in the core membership package?
A: The core membership package is only available in the UK and provides the following:
- Croner-i Navigate-Safety Lite is now included automatically with British Safety Council membership. It is ideal for those looking to keep up to date with the latest news, issues and developments in the health and safety sector.
- 100 free places on our General Health, Safety and Environmental Awareness e-learning course
- Membership certificate and members’ logo to be used on your marketing materials and tender documents
- Monthly Safety Management magazine and associated e-newsletter
- Discount on your International Safety Awards application and other products and services.
Q: Can I upgrade my membership?
A: UK core members can add the Advice Service at an additional cost. Tools & Templates module is also available at an additional cost. International members already have full membership and so no upgrades are necessary.
Q: What is included in the Advice Service?
A: All benefits of the core membership are included, including:
- Croner-i 24/7 health & safety legal information hotline - unlimited access to highly qualified and skilled health and safety professionals
- Croner-i Navigate-Safety Lite platform
- Croner-i eAlerts - provides weekly updates on all the new health and safety content added to your product that week, delivered straight to your inbox.
- Annual legislation and best practice update - with attendance certificate
- Access to our webinar programme.
Click here to add this module or call +44 (0)20 8741 1231.
Q: What is included in the Tools & Templates module?
A: All benefits of core membership are included, plus:
- Risk assessment templates
- Online diagnostic tools to help benchmark health, safety and environmental performance
- Themed posters and guides which will help you to spread important health and safety messages around your workplace
- Customisable templates are also included to help create a stronger internal awareness campaign.
Click here to add this module or call +44 (0)20 8741 1231.
Q: What is Croner-i Navigate-Safety Complete (full version)?
A: The Navigate-Safety Complete service from Croner-i is available to British Safety Council members at exclusive discounts of up to 50%. The services provide instant access to all the information and resources needed to stay compliant, with clear, practical advice and template documents and forms to maintain a safe workplace.
Features in addition to what is offered in Croner-i Navigate-Safety Lite include:
- Legal register tool (UK members only) – a user-friendly management tool to help track legal compliance
- Legislation tracker (UK members only) – summaries of relevant upcoming and recently in force legislation as well as key government consultations
- Case reports – summaries of Health and Safety Executive prosecutions
- In-depth topics – details of everything you need to know on a subject, from legal requirements through to practical advice, with all the relevant resources in one place
- International topics – an overview of health and safety requirements in other countries
- In-house training modules – ready-made modules including trainers’ notes, handouts and presentation slides, covering everything from fire safety to stress management
- A library of resources – non-branded, ready-to-use and customisable audit forms, risk assessment templates, model policies and checklists etc. to save you and your organisation time
- Compliance and standards – pdfs of key publications, from Acts, Statutory Instruments and EU legislation to Building Regulations, Fire Safety Guides and HSE publications. Also 4 British Standards in full, including BS ISO 45001.
Q: How do I log into my membership account?
A: When you initially sign up to membership, you will be sent an email with a link to generate your username and password for your account. Visit our website and select `login’ to access your member account.
Q: What happens if I’ve forgotten my password?
A: On the login page select ‘Request new password’ and follow the instructions. Your new password will be emailed to you.
Q: Can I change my password?
A: Yes. You can change your password in your online account once you have logged in.
Q: How do I access the members’ logo?
A: You can download the member logo and associated usage guidelines from your online account.
Q: How do I apply for an International Safety Award?
A: Make sure you have opted-in to receive email communications so that we can inform you when the International Safety Award scheme is open. It usually runs from September to February.
You can access the online application from your membership account or from the International Safety Award web page.