Managing Stress Within Your Team
Essential for every responsible manager, this course highlights some of the pressures their teams might face, helps managers become more aware of their own actions and behaviours, and most importantly it helps manage and reduce stress levels within their team.
Find out more about the Being Well together Programme here.
Bulk discounts apply! Scroll down to find out how much you can save. Please note: discounts will be applied once products are in your basket.
In 2016, a CIPD study has found that only 10% of managers have received proper training on how to manage mental ill health in the workplace.
Managers and team leaders were found to be the key drivers between good wellbeing at work and staff taking extended time off because of stress and pressures in their day to day.
The British Safety Council works in partnership with Mates in Mind to address mental wellbeing in the workplace.
Managers who complete the course will be able to:
- Recognise what they may be doing that causes stress for others
- Recognise the ill-health effects from stress
- Reduce the risk of stress for others
- Reduce the impact of stress on team performance
- Support employees who are experiencing stress.
The course takes 45 minutes to complete and can be taken in sections.
Why choose the British Safety Council
We are one of the world’s leading health and safety organisations
Our tutors are experts in health and safety and are excellent teachers
No 'death by PowerPoint' – learning is student-centred and interactive
Study skills and examination techniques are embedded throughout
- Practical tips on how to prevent, manage and reduce stress within their team
- Video led, following the story of a team
- Personalised feedback
- HSE Management Standards integrated throughout
- It can be taken using a desktop, a tablet, or a mobile device
- It can be downloaded using our Learning Zone app.
Who would take this course?
Any line manager responsible for the wellbeing of their team.
- Are you a team member? Go to Stress Awareness
The Mental Health at Work Report 2017 recommends workplaces talk, train, and take action. This course targets all three recommendations.
Online - instant access
Managing Stress Within Your Team is available for purchase by individuals or organisations who can deliver it via our industry-leading Learning Zone platform, a cost-effective way of providing online courses to any number of staff across multiple sites or divisions. Once enrolled, users have access to the course for one year and may review the content at any point.
This course may also be studied offline using our app.
Bulk discounts apply
Need more than 100 licenses? Give us a call on +44 (0)20 3510 8355
Our purpose-built learning management system delivers exactly the right e-Learning courses to the right staff at the right time.
The web-based system comes with a powerful yet easy-to-use reporting engine, so you can check on learner progress and be alerted to any concerns that are raised through our innovative self-assessment surveys, which can be included as part of the course.
Our Enterprise system includes:
- Software as a service: hosted by us, we do all the IT
- Full implementation support including system training
- Regular system updates
- Free course updates
- Simple and secure login
- Configurable alerts system – emails sent where you want, when you want
- Management dashboard, which allows you to instantly see where attention is required
- Automatic refresher training notifications
- Friendly and effective support service by telephone and e-mail