Mental Health: Manage the Conversation
‘Manage the conversation’ gives line managers the skills and confidence to help employees with their mental health. Live Online learning now available for in-company training.
Find out more about the Being Well together Programme here.
Bulk discounts apply! Scroll down to find out how much you can save. Please note: discounts will be applied once products are in your basket.
Managers and supervisors are increasingly being approached by employees who are suffering with poor mental health. For many managers, this is a challenging prospect and they may find this kind of conversation difficult.
‘Manage the conversation’ will provide line managers with the skills and confidence to listen to and talk with someone who feels that they need to share a problem regarding their mental health.
The programme is not intended to provide technical knowledge on mental health conditions, nor does it cover treatment options for sufferers of mental illness.
The British Safety Council works in partnership with Mates in Mind to address mental wellbeing in the workplace.
Live Online Learning
Get all the benefits of structured classroom learning but with the convenience of the digital world, studying where you like.
Students join remotely using a PC, laptop or tablet and download the relevant software in advance to enable access to the tutor-led workshop. Throughout the workshop, students can see and interact with the tutor and with each other.
Why choose the British Safety Council
We are one of the world’s leading health and safety organisations
Our tutors are experts in health and safety and are great facilitators
No 'death by PowerPoint' – this workshop is student-centred, interactive and outcome-based
At the end of the programme line managers will have gained a basic understanding of:
- What mental health is
- What stigma is and ways to overcome it
- Ways to care for your own mental health and support the mental wellbeing of others
- Some common mental health issues
- How to respond to someone who you believe may imminently take their own life
- Some basic communication skills that will increase your confidence in being able to listen and talk with someone in need of emotional support.
Benefits to your organisation
- Upskills line managers to talk confidently about mental health
- Allows line managers to help employees who may have mental health issues
- Strengthens the mental health ‘culture’ in the organisation
- Equip managers to respond appropriately if they believe a colleague is likely to imminently take their own life.
How it is delivered?
We can visit your workplace on a date of your choice to deliver this three-hour workshop and it is available online.
Online - instant access
Mental Health: Manage the Conversation is available for purchase by individuals or organisations who can deliver it via our industry-leading Learning Zone platform, a cost-effective way of providing online courses to any number of staff across multiple sites or divisions. Once enrolled, users have access to the course for one year and may review the content at any point.
This course may also be studied offline using our app.
Bulk discounts apply
Need more than 100 licenses? Give us a call on +44 (0)20 3510 8355
Our purpose-built learning management system delivers exactly the right e-Learning courses to the right staff at the right time.
The web-based system comes with a powerful yet easy-to-use reporting engine, so you can check on learner progress and be alerted to any concerns that are raised through our innovative self-assessment surveys, which can be included as part of the course.
Our Enterprise system includes:
- Software as a service: hosted by us, we do all the IT
- Full implementation support including system training
- Regular system updates
- Free course updates
- Simple and secure login
- Configurable alerts system – emails sent where you want, when you want
- Management dashboard, which allows you to instantly see where attention is required
- Automatic refresher training notifications
- Friendly and effective support service by telephone and e-mail
In your workplace
In your workplace training is currently delivered remotely with students joining using a PC, laptop or tablet. Request a call back to find out more.
We can visit your workplace on a date of your choice to deliver this three-hour workshop. With 16 places on each workshop, we can raise awareness and confidence among 32 line managers in a single day.